poetry will be the death of me...a challenge

>> 11.08.2009

i first started this blog mainly to post my poetry pieces, because poetry is my first love. i've always been told that i was born to be a writer, i have a way with words, and always got wicked marks in english class, so it was no surprise to me or anyone really, when i met poetry and fell madly in love with him. he wooed me and took me, and night after night his juices would flow through my pen unto the page and i felt something i had never felt before when i was with him...freedom.

but poetry slowly showed me his true colors. and he became like a bad boyfriend, he would love me, and then leave me. tell me he needed me, and i would show him how badly, how oh so badly i needed him, but he would always leave me. and in those moments of writer's block i began to question my talent and my authenticity as a poet. i would go though all the normal emotions, sadness, hate, denial, hate, indifference, until i came to the point in which i didn't want poetry to come back to me, in fact at night staring at the empty page i would tell him 'leave me the hell alone, i don't want you'.

but poetry always came back to me, and i always let him in. i need poetry, words are the air i breathe, anything i do, i do it for words. if i can't write, there is no reason to live. he is my only one true love, everything, everyone else is a third wheel.

he's been gone a few months now, the last poem i wrote was hollywood draggin, (read it here).
the last piece i performed was 'i make love to words' (see it here) but i'm use to the cycle now. and i eagerly look forward to his return, his ink flowing deeply through my mind, massaging my heart and exploding through my fingertips, pen dripping our life unto the page.

i will continue to post some of my older pieces, until he blesses my bed again.

here is one of the poems i wrote when poetry first seduced me almost 4 years ago. dedicated to you my sincere followers.


I speak poetically to those who stimulate me intellectually,
so as i speak poetically to you
feel free to get on your knees and drink in the juice of my serenity
that springs eternally from an infinite flow.
My core sweetness, my honey is words,
words that sweeten and roll on your tongue making you cum....
forth with words of your own, thoughts of your own,
beautiful phrases that spring from your stream of worth
and merging with mine we...... ride..... in a sea
of sweet rythm and time filled with words that speak poetically.


**********************************************************************
so here is a challenge.

people have a hard time figuring out what hollywood draggin is about, so if you can guess it correctly (by tuesday midnight), you can ask me up to 10 questions that i will answer honestly, no holds barred. it's not much, but it would be interesting to see what people want to know about me.

those who know me personaly are definitely excluded.

.kisses.

5 blew.me.a.kiss::::

NightFall914 November 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

As a new comer to this blog I don't want to blow the challenge for your faithful followers but I'm pretty confident what "draggin'" is referring to.
Perhaps its the writer in me seeing into the analogies and descriptive wordplay. ;)
Very nice.

Anonymous,  November 8, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

I never thought of poetry having a gender before. I'm thinking about it now.

BE Lauriette November 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

His return will be off the charts. Just count this as time to do other types of writing. Off to read the challenge poem. I hope I can read in, out and in between the lines to find the meaning.

The Single Chick November 8, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

See, in my world poetry is a place. It's just beyond the intersection of Memory Lane and Amnesia Avenue (in the hood they call Writer's Block). When you come out on the other side - Poetry. I often get stuck on the block, trying to make it out of the hood to my poetic utopia......(I was there for damn near 4 years!) But I have found and always do find my way back.....

....and I'm glad your Poetry Man finds his way back to you because I love to read your words.

Pen to pages always....J

Anonymous,  November 9, 2009 at 1:20 AM  

I love to read your words as well. I love your poems, I love how you put the writers block in to words. -Muah-

Post a Comment

please leave me a kiss... short and sweet, passionate, or sloppy. i will return the favor.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP