back to my roots.... mr. goudas

>> 10.31.2009

after much deliberation, i have decided to give up my vegetarian lifestyle. it's only been a year and a few months and as much as i loved every minute of it, i realized it was doing me more harm than good.

'yeah finally my prayers have been answered... so when do we go out to eat red meat'

going into this my doctor told me it was not a wise choice seeing that i have anemia (very very very low iron), and i thought to myself 'i can handle it', i did my research, and was completely gung ho, making the change not out of conviction, or pictures of slaughtered animals, but simply i had wanted a change.

but a lot has changed in a year and a few months, i have stopped cooking for myself which means that my healthy meals, and important supplements were not being eaten. i became very fatigued in my body and sluggish in my mind, despite keeping active and semi working out, i lost my (well paying job), and just an FYI maintaining a vegetarian lifestyle quite expensive, not to mention limiting.

@ Willy's Jerk 'no, no veggie dinners'.

going out to eat is always a challenge, and i sometimes felt bad being the picky girl, or the girl who ruined dinner plans because ' i'm sorry, i can't eat there'. my mom, from the beginning didn't really mind cooking meals for me, but granted it was challenging attending to my dietary needs as well as her family's...lol... when i told her, she was sooo happy.

is this regression permanent? i don't think so. i may go back once my body goes back to normal, and i start working again, but for now i am looking forward to my white rice and bully beef dinners.

.kisses.

2 blew.me.a.kiss::::

xxxx November 1, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

bully beef dinners...hahah u got to be from the caribbean cause only we call it that... others be like hunh what the fuck is that...lol but yeah the vegetarian lifestyle is a hard one to keep up..did it for two years and digressed

the.kisser November 2, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

lol.. didn't the picture look so yummy? i'm jamaican:).
who knows i may go back, but for now i will be enjoying all things meat.

Post a Comment

please leave me a kiss... short and sweet, passionate, or sloppy. i will return the favor.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP